Heather Locklear Arrested for Suspicion of DUI
Heather Locklear was arrested Saturday evening, September 27 in Santa Barbara County, Calif. on suspicion of driving under the influence. She was pulled over by a California Highway Patrol (CPH) officer after a resident reported seeing her leaving a parking lot and "driving erratically," a spokesperson for the CPH said. Heather was released later that day after posting $5,000 bail.
It was reported that at around 4:30 P.M., a female witness saw Heather driving erratically while leaving a parking lot in Montecito. The witness claimed to have seen the actress "driving forwards and backwards over a pair of sunglasses and revving her engine". Soon thereafter the witness saw her "exited her vehicle and stumbled into the traffic lane." Having concern for Heather's safety, the witness quickly called 911 to report the incident to the CPH.
According to police report, a CPH officer who arrived on the scene found Heather seated inside her vehicle, which was partially blocking the roadway. The officer testified the star looked "disoriented and impaired" and so was taken to a local CHP station for drug and alcohol tests. She was said to be very cooperative.
Results of the tests indicated Heather wasn't under the influence of alcohol, but prescription medication. "Although obvious impairment was exhibited during the tests, alcohol was ruled out as a factor," a police spokesperson said in a statement. "She was evaluated by a drug recognition expert, who concluded Ms. Locklear was under the influence of a controlled substance, and could not safely operate a motor vehicle."
Heather thus was booked at the Santa Barbara County Jail. She was released at 11 P.M. that evening on $5,000 bail. Her lawyer wasn't immediately available for comment and her publicist also wouldn't comment on her arrest.
Heather's DUI arrest came just two months after she completed her four-week stint at an Arizona rehab facility, where she was treated for what was claimed as "anxiety and depression."
More Heather Locklear News
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert