'Eagle Eye' Sails to Box Office Top
Race-against-time thriller "Eagle Eye" has made September 26 to 28 weekend theirs. Opened on Friday, September 26 and played on 4,800 screens, the D.J. Caruso-directed film tops the box office chart with approximately $29.2 million. Commenting on the movie's success, DreamWorks spokesman Chip Sullivan said, "'Eagle Eye' jumpstarted the fall box office, and we couldn't be happier."
Starred by Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan, the flick becomes LaBeouf's second #1 feature film in 2008 following "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Securing his status as the A-lister, "Eye" also marks the second time he teams up with Caruso to deliver a box office topper after their 2007's thriller "Disturbia".
Coming up behind "Eye" is "Nights in Rodanthe". The Nicolas Spark adaptation film debuted second, pulling in about $13.4 million. Together with "Eye", the Warner Bros. Pictures romantic drama that teams up once again "The Cotton Club" and "Unfaithful" co-star, Richard Gere and Diane Lane, pushes "Lakeview Terrace" which earns around $7 million to the third place.
Another newcomer to the revenue chart is Christian drama starring Kirk Cameron, "Fireproof". The Samuel Goldwyn release grosses an estimated $6.8 million and takes on the fourth position. Meanwhile, rounding up the top five is dark spy comedy from the Coen brothers, "Burn After Reading". The Brad Pitt and George Clooney-starrer collects another $6.2 million in its third weekend screening, adding to the total of about $45.5 million.
- "Eagle Eye" - $29.2 million
- "Nights in Rodanthe" - $13.4 million
- "Lakeview Terrace" - $7 million
- "Fireproof" - $6.8 million
- "Burn After Reading" - $6.2 million
- "Igor" - $5.4 million
- "My Best Friend's Girl" - $3.9 million
- "Righteous Kill" - $3.7 million
- "Miracle at St. Anna" - $3.5 million
- "The Family That Preys" - $3.1 million
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger