Confirmed, Jay-Z Forms New Label With StarGate
Jay-Z has announced that he indeed has a side project of creating a recording company with Norwegian producers StarGate. Both parties issue a statement, saying, "the focus is to find new talent and develop artists through mutually beneficial global partnerships which include music distribution, publishing, touring and merchandising."
Furthermore, speaking of the new label, which is called StarRoc Music Publishing, a source reveals that the rapper wants to sign Janet Jackson, 50 Cent, Beyonce Knowles, and Jermaine Dupri to his new recording company. "Jay Z approached 50 Cent earlier this year and now he's talking to Janet and Jermaine Dupri... It seems like a difficult task to get so many big artists under one roof, but I wouldn't put anything past [Jay Z]," the source says.
The new label is also reportedly linked to a multi-million dollar contract with concert promoters Live Nation. If the rumor is true, the new division from the company, which is based in the Big Apple, will have access to manage their artists' diverse rights, such as expanding their fan bases and providing a direct connection to fans through Live Nation's established distribution as well as marketing channels.
More Jay-Z News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test