'Hip-Hop's Crown Jewels' Auction Features Pendants from Kanye West, P. Diddy and Others
Kanye West and P. Diddy are among the many hip-hop artists who are putting their pendants at Phillips de Pury & Co.'s "Hip-Hop Crown Jewels" auction next spring in New York. Some proceeds raised from the auction will be donated to Russell Simmons' Rush Community Affairs charity, an organization that provides education and resources to over seventy N.Y.C. community development programs.
As for West he will auction off one of his diamond-studded black Jesus pendants. Diddy, on the other hand, is putting on the event his diamond-and-platinum bracelet. A diamond link bracelet owned by 50 Cent and diamond-and-gold turntable ring belongs to Missy Elliott are the other items to be put under the hammer.
On top of them all, Lil Jon will also take part, auctioning off his 12-pound "Crunk Ain't Dead" pendant, which holds the Guinness Book of World Records mark as the largest diamond pendant ever. The piece reportedly has more than 3,700 diamonds in it.
Despite all the details, a spokesperson for the auction house declined to detail on the other pieces which will be auctioned off during the event, reasoning the catalog is not yet completed. The spokesperson simply confirmed that due to "overwhelming interest", the auctioneers have moved up the auction date from October 1, 2008 to March 5, 2009.
MTV has the pictures of the pendants that are going to be auctioned off during the highly anticipated "Hip-Hop Crown Jewels" auction.
More Kanye West News
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto