DJ AM Released from Hospital, Travis Barker to Follow in Two Weeks
Celebrity spinner DJ AM has been released from the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta where he has been hospitalized since last Saturday, September 20 after a plane crash, which left four people dead. While it's unclear when exactly he was released, it has been reported that he is already back in Los Angeles.
Jenni Weinman, a representative for AM, confirmed his hospital release Friday, September 26, telling People, "While he is deeply saddened by the events, he is thankful for all of the love and support he has been receiving from fans and friends worldwide." Jenni added in a statement, "We ask that you continue to respect his privacy as he rests and heals and mourns the loss of his friends."
AM, who was involved in the plane crash alongside fellow musician Travis Barker, is reported to have suffered second- and third-degree burns to his upper body. During his hospital stay he was seen being visited by ex-girlfriend Mandy Moore.
In the meantime, talks are abuzz that Travis will also be released from the hospital soon. Music mogul Jermaine Dupri, who visited him last Sunday, September 21, made the media rounds, announcing that the former Blink-182 drummer would likely be released after just two more weeks in the hospital.
Travis was last reported to be staying strong and "upbeat" after undergoing multiple surgeries following the tragic incident that left him and AM badly burned. His ex-wife Shanna Moakler has been accompanying him during his hospital stay. No official statement just yet from his people on when he's allowed to leave the hospital.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy