Fergie and will.i.am Join Forces for Charity Theme Song
Two of Black Eyed Peas' members, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie team up to record a charity anthem for "Global Call to Action Against Poverty" campaign. Called "In My Name", the tune is aimed at encouraging citizens as well as governments to stand up for the poor.
"Politicians promised in 2000 to halve poverty in 15 years," will.i.am shares his thought about the social problem. "They made this pledge in my name, now they must act to achieve it." Furthermore, other artists to join the charity program reportedly include Kristin Davis, John Legend, and Scarlett Johansson.
The program, conducted by "Oxfam International, Comic Relief, and Save the Children", has been launched since September 22 on the same week leaders of every nation met at the U.N. in New York to discuss their progress on the Millennium Development Goals, which includes ending extreme poverty and reducing child mortality. Further details about the campaign can be found on their official website.
Audio stream of Fergie and will.i.am's "In My Name":
More Stacy Ferguson News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly