Fergie and will.i.am Join Forces for Charity Theme Song
Two of Black Eyed Peas' members, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie team up to record a charity anthem for "Global Call to Action Against Poverty" campaign. Called "In My Name", the tune is aimed at encouraging citizens as well as governments to stand up for the poor.
"Politicians promised in 2000 to halve poverty in 15 years," will.i.am shares his thought about the social problem. "They made this pledge in my name, now they must act to achieve it." Furthermore, other artists to join the charity program reportedly include Kristin Davis, John Legend, and Scarlett Johansson.
The program, conducted by "Oxfam International, Comic Relief, and Save the Children", has been launched since September 22 on the same week leaders of every nation met at the U.N. in New York to discuss their progress on the Millennium Development Goals, which includes ending extreme poverty and reducing child mortality. Further details about the campaign can be found on their official website.
Audio stream of Fergie and will.i.am's "In My Name":
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker