Fergie and will.i.am Join Forces for Charity Theme Song
Two of Black Eyed Peas' members, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie team up to record a charity anthem for "Global Call to Action Against Poverty" campaign. Called "In My Name", the tune is aimed at encouraging citizens as well as governments to stand up for the poor.
"Politicians promised in 2000 to halve poverty in 15 years," will.i.am shares his thought about the social problem. "They made this pledge in my name, now they must act to achieve it." Furthermore, other artists to join the charity program reportedly include Kristin Davis, John Legend, and Scarlett Johansson.
The program, conducted by "Oxfam International, Comic Relief, and Save the Children", has been launched since September 22 on the same week leaders of every nation met at the U.N. in New York to discuss their progress on the Millennium Development Goals, which includes ending extreme poverty and reducing child mortality. Further details about the campaign can be found on their official website.
Audio stream of Fergie and will.i.am's "In My Name":
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie