Fergie and will.i.am Join Forces for Charity Theme Song
Two of Black Eyed Peas' members, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie team up to record a charity anthem for "Global Call to Action Against Poverty" campaign. Called "In My Name", the tune is aimed at encouraging citizens as well as governments to stand up for the poor.
"Politicians promised in 2000 to halve poverty in 15 years," will.i.am shares his thought about the social problem. "They made this pledge in my name, now they must act to achieve it." Furthermore, other artists to join the charity program reportedly include Kristin Davis, John Legend, and Scarlett Johansson.
The program, conducted by "Oxfam International, Comic Relief, and Save the Children", has been launched since September 22 on the same week leaders of every nation met at the U.N. in New York to discuss their progress on the Millennium Development Goals, which includes ending extreme poverty and reducing child mortality. Further details about the campaign can be found on their official website.
Audio stream of Fergie and will.i.am's "In My Name":
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal