Fergie and will.i.am Join Forces for Charity Theme Song
Two of Black Eyed Peas' members, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie team up to record a charity anthem for "Global Call to Action Against Poverty" campaign. Called "In My Name", the tune is aimed at encouraging citizens as well as governments to stand up for the poor.
"Politicians promised in 2000 to halve poverty in 15 years," will.i.am shares his thought about the social problem. "They made this pledge in my name, now they must act to achieve it." Furthermore, other artists to join the charity program reportedly include Kristin Davis, John Legend, and Scarlett Johansson.
The program, conducted by "Oxfam International, Comic Relief, and Save the Children", has been launched since September 22 on the same week leaders of every nation met at the U.N. in New York to discuss their progress on the Millennium Development Goals, which includes ending extreme poverty and reducing child mortality. Further details about the campaign can be found on their official website.
Audio stream of Fergie and will.i.am's "In My Name":
More Stacy Ferguson News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville