Second Trailer of 'W' Reveals More of Its Satirical Side
The brand new trailer of Oliver Stone's "W" has been released. Still focusing on the titular character, George W. Bush, the footage opens with a question from a female journalist about the place Bush sees himself in the history which is met with a rather comedic answer from the 43rd U.S. President, "In history? In history, we'd all be dead." Then, the video continues by presenting the events happening in Bush's life and during his presidency.
The overall compilation of clips in this second trailer also introduces the line-up supporting characters. It presents glimpses into the portrayal of George Bush Sr., Barbara Bush, Laura Bush, Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove, Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of State General Colin Powell, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, by the strong cast ensemble from James Cromwell to Thandie Newton .
Written by Stone and Stanley Weiser, this biopic promises to present viewers with Bush's struggles and triumphs in life, how he finds his wife and faith and also what leads him up to decide on invading Iraq. It stars Josh Brolin, Ellen Burstyn, Elizabeth Banks, Toby Jones, Richard Dreyfuss, Jeffrey Wright and Scott Glenn among others. The drama flick is set to be released in theaters on October 17.
"W" Second Trailer:
More W News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance