Mariah Carey Signs On as Global Ambassador for Hunger Relief Charity
Agreeing to become the global ambassador for hunger relief charity Yum! Foundation's World Hunger Relief campaign, Mariah Carey is lending her celebrity status and music to help raise fund for the annual effort that aims to raise money for the United Nations World Food Program and bring an end to starvation around the world. She will be unveiled as the organization's new frontwoman on Thursday, September 25.
Her duties concerning her commitment to be involved with the organization include being featured on print ads promoting the cause. Her black-and-white print ad for Yum's World Hunger Relief campaign, already on the net, shows her pictured alongside four young children. The poster bears the tagline that read, "The change from hunger to hope starts with you" and will be featured in more than 100 countries and 36,000 franchises of Yum.
Supporting the cause an as aspiring singer, Mariah is encouraging people around the world to pick up a coded card at any of Yum's restaurants, including KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's and A&W, that allow fans to download her song, "Love Story," off her latest album, "E=MC²," at From Hunger To Hope. For every download, Yum will donate 25 cent to the Hunger Relief campaign.
In other Mariah news, she currently is developing a big screen musical based on her holiday album, "Merry Christmas." Its story will follow a developer who wants to turn a small town into a shopping center. "High School Musical" writer Peter Barsocchini reportedly is penning the script.
More Mariah Carey News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked