Disneyland Warns Fans of Ticket-Scalpers to Miley Cyrus' Sweet 16
Tickets to the highly anticipated Miley Cyrus' 16th birthday were sold out almost immediately after announcement was made about the celebration in late August 2008, but Disneyland has warned ticket-buyers that there might be scalpers who're trying to sell tickets up for sale on eBay with much higher prices. The theme park issued a warning to prevent fans from buying tickets from those scalpers and has put in effect strict anti-scalping procedures designed to prevent reselling of tickets at any online auction sites.
Initially there were 5,000 tickets provided for the so-called "Miley's Sweet 16 - Share the Celebration", which will be held at California's Disneyland on October 5 this year. Each of the tickets costs $250. However, Disneyland has found out that there are some people trying to resell their tickets on eBay with prices starting at $500 each.
In a bid to stop those scalpers' conduct, Disneyland has issued strict procedures for fans who want to attend the upcoming event, Los Angeles Times reports. It is claimed Disneyland has asserted that tickets will only be issued the day of the event to the original purchaser after 2 P.M. at the main gate. Besides, the original purchaser must provide a confirmation letter, identification, and signature at the check-in booth in order to receive the tickets. Everyone attending the event must be present when the tickets are issued and then a Disneyland employee will escort the group into the theme park, where the main event will take place.
Miley turns 16 years old on November 23 later this year. She announced last month that she's going to celebrate her birthday early, holding a bash at California's Disneyland on October 5 for friends and family to attend. Fans have the chance to attend the celebration by buying tickets, the profit from which will be donated to The Youth Service America, a charity which helps improve the lives of people ages 5 to 25. The so-called "Miley's Sweet 16 - Share the Celebration", according to Los Angeles Times, will run from 6 to 11 P.M.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group