Kanye West Changes Release Date for '808's and Heartbreak'
Rap mogul Kanye West announces via his official website that he decides to move up the release date of his upcoming "808's & Heartbreak". His fourth major studio effort was originally due to come out on December 19 but it is then reset to hit the market sometime in November. "I changed my album to November something cause I finished the album and I felt like it ... I want y'all to hear it as soon as possible," he wrote.
The change decision has made some claims that Kanye actually tries to avoid another sale showdown with 50 Cent, who plans to launch his fourth studio album, "Before I self Destruct", on December 9. Last year both rappers had entered a battle with their respective efforts. At that time, 50 vowed to quit music if he did not sell more records in the first week of release than Kanye. However, during their first face-off in September, 50's "Curtis" was outsold by Kanye's "Graduation".
Kanye's recording company, Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam, hasn't given any comment both on the date change and the recent rumor. In line with Def Jam's silence, Kanye also gives no words referring to the last issue.
Previously, Kanye was asked by his fans to re-record his first single, "Love Lockdown", from his upcoming effort. He then answered his fans' demand by adding Japanese taiko drum riffs but dropped the request to remove the vocal effect of auto-tune in the song.
More Kanye West News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance