Kanye West Changes Release Date for '808's and Heartbreak'
Rap mogul Kanye West announces via his official website that he decides to move up the release date of his upcoming "808's & Heartbreak". His fourth major studio effort was originally due to come out on December 19 but it is then reset to hit the market sometime in November. "I changed my album to November something cause I finished the album and I felt like it ... I want y'all to hear it as soon as possible," he wrote.
The change decision has made some claims that Kanye actually tries to avoid another sale showdown with 50 Cent, who plans to launch his fourth studio album, "Before I self Destruct", on December 9. Last year both rappers had entered a battle with their respective efforts. At that time, 50 vowed to quit music if he did not sell more records in the first week of release than Kanye. However, during their first face-off in September, 50's "Curtis" was outsold by Kanye's "Graduation".
Kanye's recording company, Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam, hasn't given any comment both on the date change and the recent rumor. In line with Def Jam's silence, Kanye also gives no words referring to the last issue.
Previously, Kanye was asked by his fans to re-record his first single, "Love Lockdown", from his upcoming effort. He then answered his fans' demand by adding Japanese taiko drum riffs but dropped the request to remove the vocal effect of auto-tune in the song.
More Kanye West News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce