'Cars 2' Bumped to 2011
"Cars 2" will be arriving sooner than its original schedule. At the Walt Disney Studio Showcase at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood on Wednesday, September 24, Disney Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter has come out with a statement that the "Cars" sequel which has "Ratatouille" producer Brad Lewis attached as director has been pushed forward from its 2012 date to 2011.
Aside from announcing the new release plan, the director/writer for the first animated movie about the hotshot rookie race car finding the true meaning of life also shared that the second movie has been inspired by his experiences traveling the world for "Cars" publicity. Hence, in the new film, Mater the red tow truck will get his passport and join Lightning McQueen in a new adventure that put them in weird traffic situations and with strange foreign automobiles around the globe.
The original "Cars" was released back on June 9, 2006. It was nominated for an Academy Award but lost to "Happy Feet". Having the voice cast ensemble that include Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy and Bonnie Hunt, it has collected nearly $462 million worldwide since it hit the big screen.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!