Update: Travis Barker's Latest Condition After Plane Crash
Surviving the weekend plane crash and mourning the death of his assistant Chris Baker and bodyguard Charles Still, Travis Barker is staying strong and "trying to stay upbeat," his friend Bill Nosal has testified. "If you make it out of a crash of that magnitude, somebody's looking out for you," Bill told The Associated Press Tuesday, September 23.
It is reported that Travis has been undergoing multiple surgeries following the tragic incident that left him and DJ AM badly burned. His ex-wife Shanna Moakler is staying with him since the first hours she got the bad news.
Shanna, as reported by People, has vowed not to leave Travis' side. A source close to her told the magazine, "She's been at his bedside ever since she got there. She loves him and she's not going to leave him" adding that "It has all been very intense. [Shanna] is very emotional but also very strong." Travis and Shanna's children, Landon Asher and Alabama Luella, currently are staying with their grandparents in California while their mother stays at Doctors Hospital to be with their father.
In between times, new details have emerged on how Travis and AM survived the plane crash. Lieut. Josh Shumpert of the South Congaree Police Department told People, both music stars told him that "they slid down the wing on the right side of the plane." Lieut. Josh furthermore stated, "They said they were on fire. They were pacing and in shock."
Investigation is still undergoing to determine on what led to the crash. Early assumption suggests blown tire might be a possible cause. Friends and family, in the meantime, remain gathered while condolences and get-well messages have been outpouring.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen