'Astro Boy' Release Date Announced
"Astro Boy" is heading to theaters on October 23, 2009. On Monday, September 22, Rob Friedman, Co-Chairman and CEO of Summit Entertainment, and Erin Corbett, President of U.S. Imagi Studios, have revealed the plan stating further that the two studios are putting together the final details on a marketing plan.
On the occasion, Friedman stated, "We are pleased to bring the exceptional world of Astro Boy to the big screen for movie-goers in North America. We have lined up some key marketing partners for the film and our October date allows us to put the film out at the right time enabling our partners to reach their targeted audiences with on-going marketing programs tied to the film."
An adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga, "Astro Boy" follows a young robot invented to replace the late son of a brilliant scientist. Despite having incredible powers, he is unable to console the scientist's mourning heart and thus he embarks in a journey to find the place where he truly belongs. To be directed by David Bowers using a script from Timothy Harris, its voice cast include Freddie Highmore, Nicolas Cage, Donald Sutherland, Bill Nighy, Eugene Levy and many others.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'