Denied, Miley Cyrus Isn't Quitting 'Hannah Montana' Anytime Soon
The circulating reports over the weekend that claimed Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus have been acting all divas on the set of "Hannah Montana" in order to get fired from the show have been denied by both the young celebrity herself and Disney. Despite rumors to the contrary, the actress-singer insisted she's fully committed to the show and isn't going to quit it anytime soon.
"I am fully committed to Hannah Montana. It's what gave me this amazing opportunity to reach out to so many people," Miley told People magazine, setting the record straight on the flying rumors that claimed she and father Billy are leaving the series to pursue their music career. "I couldn't do it alone. We have an amazing cast that is so supportive, including my dad who has been there for me every step of the way."
Disney, meanwhile, is having Miley's back. Patti McTeague, a Disney spokeswoman for the "Hannah Montana" show, told Reuters that reports of on-set turmoil were "absolutely not true, pure gossip." Putting the brake on the false report, Patti has verified that the "Hannah Montana" team have been in production for a third season of the show, and that Disney has an option for a fourth season. "We're thrilled with it, and we know everyone's working hard, and Miley herself has said she's committed to the long-term success, as are we," Patti said in a statement.
A source close to Miley also denies the star is leaving the show that catapulted her to stardom, telling People "Miley is really devoted to the show and she's really upset by the gossip." And much contrary to Internet reports, "Miley is never late to work. Every minute of her day is planned out. When she's not shooting the movie or the series, she's recording the [Hannah Montana] soundtrack. She has a lot invested in Hannah Montana. It's not going away any time soon," the source revealed further.
Turning down reports that Miley and co-star Emily Osment were involved in on-set tension, the source insisted "Emily and Miley are like sisters. Occasionally they have disagreements but they make up and they never let it effect their work", adding all the "Hannah Montana" cast are "like a big family."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show