Britney Spears' New Song 'Womanizer' Held Back
Britney Spears' new single called "Womanizer", which has been leaked three days ago, was supposed to hit the airplay today, on September 22 but it has been pushed back. A publicist from Jive/Zomba Records named Wendy Washington says that the release delay happens because the song "needs more mixing and editing."
The news has some say that Britney's camp are actually anxious to launch "Womanizer" because the song has been beaten by another tune titled "Candy From the Strangers", which has also been leaked and presumed to be Britney's song but it was proved to be only a hoax. The rumor goes even deeper with a claim that fans love the fake song more than her single. However, Wendy insists that the song just needs a final touch before it is ready to hit the playlists.
When asked how long it takes to get the song done, Wendy explains that Britney's fans have to wait for at least another week. "The mix is being finalized and is expected to be done within a week," the label's representative says. It means that the new single won't hit the radios' playlists until September 29.
"Womanizer" is confirmed to be Britney's first single in her upcoming eight major studio album. Titled "Circus", her effort will be available for purchase on her 27th birthday, December 2.
More Britney Spears News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!