Britney Spears' New Song 'Womanizer' Held Back
Britney Spears' new single called "Womanizer", which has been leaked three days ago, was supposed to hit the airplay today, on September 22 but it has been pushed back. A publicist from Jive/Zomba Records named Wendy Washington says that the release delay happens because the song "needs more mixing and editing."
The news has some say that Britney's camp are actually anxious to launch "Womanizer" because the song has been beaten by another tune titled "Candy From the Strangers", which has also been leaked and presumed to be Britney's song but it was proved to be only a hoax. The rumor goes even deeper with a claim that fans love the fake song more than her single. However, Wendy insists that the song just needs a final touch before it is ready to hit the playlists.
When asked how long it takes to get the song done, Wendy explains that Britney's fans have to wait for at least another week. "The mix is being finalized and is expected to be done within a week," the label's representative says. It means that the new single won't hit the radios' playlists until September 29.
"Womanizer" is confirmed to be Britney's first single in her upcoming eight major studio album. Titled "Circus", her effort will be available for purchase on her 27th birthday, December 2.
More Britney Spears News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame