'Lakeview Terrace' Scores No. 1 Easily at Quiet Weekend
Drama thriller "Lakeview Terrace" sits at number 1 this weekend at the box office after scoring $15 million, another number that fails to break through the $20 million mark after "Bangkok Dangerous" earlier this month. The film starring Samuel L. Jackson that has a budget of $20 million, is Sony Pictures' second opening at #1 this year.
Taking the second spot is last week's champion "Burn After Reading" that scored another $11 million for a total of $36.1 million. Third and fourth slots meanwhile, are filled by newcomers "My Best Friend's Girl" and "Igor" respectively. The former took in a disappointing $8.3 million while the latter absorbed slightly less than that at $7.8 million.
At the last position of the top five is Overbrook's "Righteous Kill" that manages to score an additional $7.4 million for the total sum of $28.5 million, still more than half way to close up its budget of $60 million.
Weekend Box Office for September 19 - 21, 2008 Overall:
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure