'Lakeview Terrace' Scores No. 1 Easily at Quiet Weekend
Drama thriller "Lakeview Terrace" sits at number 1 this weekend at the box office after scoring $15 million, another number that fails to break through the $20 million mark after "Bangkok Dangerous" earlier this month. The film starring Samuel L. Jackson that has a budget of $20 million, is Sony Pictures' second opening at #1 this year.
Taking the second spot is last week's champion "Burn After Reading" that scored another $11 million for a total of $36.1 million. Third and fourth slots meanwhile, are filled by newcomers "My Best Friend's Girl" and "Igor" respectively. The former took in a disappointing $8.3 million while the latter absorbed slightly less than that at $7.8 million.
At the last position of the top five is Overbrook's "Righteous Kill" that manages to score an additional $7.4 million for the total sum of $28.5 million, still more than half way to close up its budget of $60 million.
Weekend Box Office for September 19 - 21, 2008 Overall:
- Lakeview Terrace, $15 million
- Burn After Reading, $11 million
- My Best Friend's Girl, $8.3 million
- Igor, $7.8 million
- Righteous Kill, $7.4 million
- The Family That Preys, $7.3 million
- The Women, $5.4 million
- Ghost Town, $5 million
- The Dark Knight, $2.9 million
- The House Bunny, $2.7 million
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'