'Lakeview Terrace' Scores No. 1 Easily at Quiet Weekend
Drama thriller "Lakeview Terrace" sits at number 1 this weekend at the box office after scoring $15 million, another number that fails to break through the $20 million mark after "Bangkok Dangerous" earlier this month. The film starring Samuel L. Jackson that has a budget of $20 million, is Sony Pictures' second opening at #1 this year.
Taking the second spot is last week's champion "Burn After Reading" that scored another $11 million for a total of $36.1 million. Third and fourth slots meanwhile, are filled by newcomers "My Best Friend's Girl" and "Igor" respectively. The former took in a disappointing $8.3 million while the latter absorbed slightly less than that at $7.8 million.
At the last position of the top five is Overbrook's "Righteous Kill" that manages to score an additional $7.4 million for the total sum of $28.5 million, still more than half way to close up its budget of $60 million.
Weekend Box Office for September 19 - 21, 2008 Overall:
- Lakeview Terrace, $15 million
- Burn After Reading, $11 million
- My Best Friend's Girl, $8.3 million
- Igor, $7.8 million
- Righteous Kill, $7.4 million
- The Family That Preys, $7.3 million
- The Women, $5.4 million
- Ghost Town, $5 million
- The Dark Knight, $2.9 million
- The House Bunny, $2.7 million
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri