Lily Cole Poses Nude for French Playboy, Sparks Controversy
English model and actress Lily Cole is baring all in French edition of Playboy magazine. The 20-year-old beauty is photographed in 14 pages and on the front cover of the men's publication.
Lily poses for a shoot inspired by the cover of French musician Serge Gainsbourg's 1971 album "Histoire de Melody Nelson" for the magazine's cover shoot. She is photographed holding a teddy bear, wearing nothing but a pair of white socks. Her 14 pages of pictures inside haven't been disclosed.
French Playboy's fashion director Alex Aikiu told Mail Online Lily did not ask for a high amount of fee for the shoot. "We just paid her the editorial fee any magazine would. Lily said yes right away," Alex said.
Alex, furthermore, revealed that the interview Lily has with Playboy is "very intimate, very psychological." "For us, Playboy isn't Pamela Anderson. It doesn't matter how big your boobs are - it's about what's inside the woman," he explained, adding "it's all about being sweet and innocent."
Much contrary to Alex's perception, Lily's nude pose for Playboy has sparked controversy among particular groups, some of which argue that her raunchy pictures will be degrading the reputation of Marks and Spencer, the fashion brand for which she's currently working. They insist the brand to drop her as its model, accusing it to indirectly support Playboy if it does not drop her. A Christian Voice spokesman even call on customers to boycott the store.
Despite the controversy, Marks and Spencer has stated it will still use Lily, arguing she "is a popular, high profile, model who is very much in demand, and this is one of the key reasons why we have chosen to work with her." A spokesperson for the label insisted, "It's entirely her own choice as to what other work she accepts and we would not wish to interfere with her career."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group