No Porn Star Role for Anna Faris
Anna Faris won't be seen as a porn star any time soon. To Moviehole on Thursday, September 18, the actress revealed that she has dropped her involvement in a biopic flick entitled "Inferno". Stating that she will still stick to comedies, she further confessed that the role as iconic porn actress Linda Lovelace is too dramatic and heavy for her at this stage.
Lovelace whose real name is Linda Boreman claimed her fame in the '70s after she starred in 1972 hardcore porn film called "Deep Throat". Later on, she became a spokeswoman for the anti-pornography movement. In 2002, she died from massive trauma and internal injuries she sustained after a car crash in Colorado.
Meanwhile, "Inferno" is set to be directed by Matthew Wilder and produced by Marvin V. Acuna, Randy Becker, Jordan Gertner, Chris Hanley and Heidi Jo Markel. The flick has yet to have any writer attached to it. In 2008, another Lovelace's biopic was also brought up with Courtney Love attached to star. The production of the project entitled "Deep Throat" was stalled.
On Faris, she has recently been seen starring as a playboy bunny kicked out from the playboy mansion in "The House Bunny". In it, she stars alongside Emma Stone, Katharine McPhee, Rumer Willis and many others. Released on October 22, the comedy flick from Columbia Pictures has so far collected $42.7 million nationwide.
More Anna Faris News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie