Foo Fighters to Take Timeout From Music
Dave Grohl recently announces that Foo Fighters plot to put their roadshow on pause and take a temporary break from the music industry. "We've never really taken a long break," Dave tells BBC. "I think it's time."
When asked about the trigger of the break, Dave says that they have lost their excitement to make music. "If you start feeling stagnant, like you're doing the same thing over and over again," he states. "It just loses that excitement or that charm, you know. You don't want to feel like you're doing the same thing over and over and over again."
Elaborating their plan, the band's frontman continues saying that they will "come back when people really miss" them. "After doing Wembley, we shouldn't come back there for, like, 10 years," the vocalist adds. "We're over there every year, every summer."
Assuring fans that the vacation will not be their "forever", the band's bassist, Nate Mendel, says that they just need some spaces for fresh ideas before entering the recording room again. "We haven't written our 'Hotel California' yet," Nate explains. "I still think that we have better music to write and we're still figuring it out. We've got some room to grow and I think we haven't made our best album yet and that's the thing that we really need to achieve."
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards