No Chance for Katy Perry to Team Up With Boyfriend Travis McCoy
Katy Perry has apparently lost the opportunity to join force with boyfriend Travis McCoy as the Gym Class Heroes' frontman refuses to mix business and pleasure. "We are Travis and Katy not Sonny and Cher. We give each other's music constructive criticism, but that's it," Travis explains in a statement.
Meanwhile, speaking of Katy's controversial hit single "I Kissed a Girl", Travis admits that she once considered to drop the tune. "As soon as Katy played I Kissed A Girl I said, 'Baby, this is a smash'. I totally knew from the word go but she wasn't sure," he says.
Travis then proved it to her by sneaking the track onto a playlist of songs played before his band's live gigs. "As soon as it blasted out, the kids went absolutely mad," he adds. "They didn't even know who Katy Perry was then."
"I Kissed a Girl" is indeed a smash hit. The song peaked at number one in Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for seven weeks in a row, tying The Beatles to become the artist with the longest-running number one in the chart.
More Katy Perry News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville