No Chance for Katy Perry to Team Up With Boyfriend Travis McCoy
Katy Perry has apparently lost the opportunity to join force with boyfriend Travis McCoy as the Gym Class Heroes' frontman refuses to mix business and pleasure. "We are Travis and Katy not Sonny and Cher. We give each other's music constructive criticism, but that's it," Travis explains in a statement.
Meanwhile, speaking of Katy's controversial hit single "I Kissed a Girl", Travis admits that she once considered to drop the tune. "As soon as Katy played I Kissed A Girl I said, 'Baby, this is a smash'. I totally knew from the word go but she wasn't sure," he says.
Travis then proved it to her by sneaking the track onto a playlist of songs played before his band's live gigs. "As soon as it blasted out, the kids went absolutely mad," he adds. "They didn't even know who Katy Perry was then."
"I Kissed a Girl" is indeed a smash hit. The song peaked at number one in Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for seven weeks in a row, tying The Beatles to become the artist with the longest-running number one in the chart.
More Katy Perry News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters