No Chance for Katy Perry to Team Up With Boyfriend Travis McCoy
Katy Perry has apparently lost the opportunity to join force with boyfriend Travis McCoy as the Gym Class Heroes' frontman refuses to mix business and pleasure. "We are Travis and Katy not Sonny and Cher. We give each other's music constructive criticism, but that's it," Travis explains in a statement.
Meanwhile, speaking of Katy's controversial hit single "I Kissed a Girl", Travis admits that she once considered to drop the tune. "As soon as Katy played I Kissed A Girl I said, 'Baby, this is a smash'. I totally knew from the word go but she wasn't sure," he says.
Travis then proved it to her by sneaking the track onto a playlist of songs played before his band's live gigs. "As soon as it blasted out, the kids went absolutely mad," he adds. "They didn't even know who Katy Perry was then."
"I Kissed a Girl" is indeed a smash hit. The song peaked at number one in Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for seven weeks in a row, tying The Beatles to become the artist with the longest-running number one in the chart.
More Katy Perry News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance