No Chance for Katy Perry to Team Up With Boyfriend Travis McCoy
Katy Perry has apparently lost the opportunity to join force with boyfriend Travis McCoy as the Gym Class Heroes' frontman refuses to mix business and pleasure. "We are Travis and Katy not Sonny and Cher. We give each other's music constructive criticism, but that's it," Travis explains in a statement.
Meanwhile, speaking of Katy's controversial hit single "I Kissed a Girl", Travis admits that she once considered to drop the tune. "As soon as Katy played I Kissed A Girl I said, 'Baby, this is a smash'. I totally knew from the word go but she wasn't sure," he says.
Travis then proved it to her by sneaking the track onto a playlist of songs played before his band's live gigs. "As soon as it blasted out, the kids went absolutely mad," he adds. "They didn't even know who Katy Perry was then."
"I Kissed a Girl" is indeed a smash hit. The song peaked at number one in Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for seven weeks in a row, tying The Beatles to become the artist with the longest-running number one in the chart.
More Katy Perry News
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too