No Chance for Katy Perry to Team Up With Boyfriend Travis McCoy
Katy Perry has apparently lost the opportunity to join force with boyfriend Travis McCoy as the Gym Class Heroes' frontman refuses to mix business and pleasure. "We are Travis and Katy not Sonny and Cher. We give each other's music constructive criticism, but that's it," Travis explains in a statement.
Meanwhile, speaking of Katy's controversial hit single "I Kissed a Girl", Travis admits that she once considered to drop the tune. "As soon as Katy played I Kissed A Girl I said, 'Baby, this is a smash'. I totally knew from the word go but she wasn't sure," he says.
Travis then proved it to her by sneaking the track onto a playlist of songs played before his band's live gigs. "As soon as it blasted out, the kids went absolutely mad," he adds. "They didn't even know who Katy Perry was then."
"I Kissed a Girl" is indeed a smash hit. The song peaked at number one in Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for seven weeks in a row, tying The Beatles to become the artist with the longest-running number one in the chart.
More Katy Perry News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival