will.i.am and KT Tunstall Team Up for Charity Anthems
Rapper will.i.am is scheduled to team up with Scottish singer KT Tunstall and Guy Berryman of Coldplay in order to record a fund-raising album as a tribute to surviving indigenous people. Other musicians to contribute in the effort include Jason Mraz, Hot Chip, and English multi-instrumentalist musician Mike Oldfield.
Furthermore, in an attempt to support the album, the Coldplay bassists and a-ha have formed a new band called Apparatjik. Commenting on their offshoot new band, Guy says, "Everyone asks what inspired us, what we've been trying to steal and what we listened to as we were growing up. The first band I loved was a-ha."
Instead of listed in a single CD, the songs, that the big stars currently work on, will appear in two different CDs and both will be released on October 6. The first one is titled "Amazon" and it will feature songs inspired by Bruce Parry's new BBC2 telly series with the same name. Meanwhile, the second CD will be called "Tribe" and it is a collection of dance/experimental songs which all use samples of music which Bruce recorded when living with indigenous people during the making of his hugely popular BBC show.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation