will.i.am and KT Tunstall Team Up for Charity Anthems
Rapper will.i.am is scheduled to team up with Scottish singer KT Tunstall and Guy Berryman of Coldplay in order to record a fund-raising album as a tribute to surviving indigenous people. Other musicians to contribute in the effort include Jason Mraz, Hot Chip, and English multi-instrumentalist musician Mike Oldfield.
Furthermore, in an attempt to support the album, the Coldplay bassists and a-ha have formed a new band called Apparatjik. Commenting on their offshoot new band, Guy says, "Everyone asks what inspired us, what we've been trying to steal and what we listened to as we were growing up. The first band I loved was a-ha."
Instead of listed in a single CD, the songs, that the big stars currently work on, will appear in two different CDs and both will be released on October 6. The first one is titled "Amazon" and it will feature songs inspired by Bruce Parry's new BBC2 telly series with the same name. Meanwhile, the second CD will be called "Tribe" and it is a collection of dance/experimental songs which all use samples of music which Bruce recorded when living with indigenous people during the making of his hugely popular BBC show.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7