'Synecdoche, New York' Trailer Premieres
The first trailer to Charlie Kaufman's directorial debut "Synecdoche, New York" has been uncovered via Yahoo. Providing introduction to the characters, the footage focuses on Philip Seymour Hoffman's character Caden Cotard and the problems he is dealing with.
The drama film from Sony Pictures Classics follows Cotard, a theater director in Schenectady, New York, whose life seems to be dreary. Struggling with the women in his life and his mysterious condition which shuts down each of his autonomic functions, he buries himself in a new project, striving to create a theatrical masterpiece inside an enormous abandoned warehouse.
Featuring also the likes of Samantha Morton, Michelle Williams, Catherine Keener, Emily Watson, Hope Davis, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Dianne Wiest, "Synecdoche" has been screened at the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival as one of the In Competition movies. Directed, penned and produced by Kaufman, the screenwriter of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", it gets its limited release on October 24.
"Synecdoche, New York" Trailer:
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?