Kate Hudson and Rihanna Top People Magazine's Best Dressed Stars of 2008 List
People magazine's annual list of Best Dressed Women of 2008 has been unveiled on Wednesday, September 17 and it sees Kate Hudson and Rihanna topping the first and second slots in succession. Seizing the No. 1 spot of the list, Hudson is praised for her "haute hippie taste" and adding into her look "a new touch of polished elegance." Rihanna, meanwhile, is selected for her "sugar and spice" style and her "sophisticated mix of glamorous gowns and funky dresses."
Joining them both on the list is Gwyneth Paltrow who's at No. 3. She's dubbed by People as "better than ever" and praised for "reviving up her classic look and shortening her famously long locks, as well as her hemlines."
Singer Stacy Ferguson is the 4th Best Dressed Woman according to People. "A long way from her belly-baring days, a refined Fergie emerged as a confident and cool dresser this year. From chic shorts on the street to classic Calvin Klein at the Grammys, there is no doubt that this singer is totally 'G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S," the magazine wrote about her.
Actress Anne Hathaway and catwalk queen Heidi Klum are No. 5 and 6 in a row. Ranging from actress to singer to supermodel, People's annual list of Best Dressed Women also includes in it Michelle Obama, wife of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. She's included among the Top 10 because she "wowed along the campaign trail with confidence, in polished looks that bring to mind a famous former first lady."
Some other notable figures rounding out the list are Sarah Jessica Parker, Eva Mendes, and Charlize Theron. Over all, People wrote of its choices of Best Dressed Women of 2008 as "Classic or rebel, girl-next-door or vamp, each of these women made all the right fashion moves this year."
More Kate Hudson News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season