Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes' Cell Phone Recycling PSAs
Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes are giving their celebrity status a whole new meaning by taking part in social cause to promote cell phone recycling. The movie stars are raising awareness for people to start recycling their used cell phones in a bid to lessen CO2 emissions by limiting the energy needed to create new phones.
The Environmental Media Association (EMA) and Lionsgate studio are the two parties behind the public service announcements (PSAs) that feature both actresses. The magazine ads reportedly will start appearing on People magazine this Friday, September 19.
The one that features Scarlett shows the big screen beauty playing off poster for her upcoming movie "The Spirit," which also stars Eva. The ad features one of the movie's taglines, "Answer the Call!" with Scarlett is seen wearing glasses, thick make-up, and a black cap. Scarlett and Eva's "Answer the Call!" PSAs can be seen on Answer-the-Call's official site that also provides more information about how to recycle cell phones.
Scarlett's "Answer the Call" PSA isn't the only good deed she has been up to recently. She has just returned from a four-day trip to the African nation of Rwanda, where she visited AIDS clinics alongside RED, the initiative set up by Bono and Bobby Shriver to help fight AIDS in Africa through business and consumer power.
Scarlett and Eva's action-adventure flick "The Spirit" is slated for a December 25, 2008 release date.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'