Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes' Cell Phone Recycling PSAs
Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes are giving their celebrity status a whole new meaning by taking part in social cause to promote cell phone recycling. The movie stars are raising awareness for people to start recycling their used cell phones in a bid to lessen CO2 emissions by limiting the energy needed to create new phones.
The Environmental Media Association (EMA) and Lionsgate studio are the two parties behind the public service announcements (PSAs) that feature both actresses. The magazine ads reportedly will start appearing on People magazine this Friday, September 19.
The one that features Scarlett shows the big screen beauty playing off poster for her upcoming movie "The Spirit," which also stars Eva. The ad features one of the movie's taglines, "Answer the Call!" with Scarlett is seen wearing glasses, thick make-up, and a black cap. Scarlett and Eva's "Answer the Call!" PSAs can be seen on Answer-the-Call's official site that also provides more information about how to recycle cell phones.
Scarlett's "Answer the Call" PSA isn't the only good deed she has been up to recently. She has just returned from a four-day trip to the African nation of Rwanda, where she visited AIDS clinics alongside RED, the initiative set up by Bono and Bobby Shriver to help fight AIDS in Africa through business and consumer power.
Scarlett and Eva's action-adventure flick "The Spirit" is slated for a December 25, 2008 release date.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie