Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes' Cell Phone Recycling PSAs
Scarlett Johansson and Eva Mendes are giving their celebrity status a whole new meaning by taking part in social cause to promote cell phone recycling. The movie stars are raising awareness for people to start recycling their used cell phones in a bid to lessen CO2 emissions by limiting the energy needed to create new phones.
The Environmental Media Association (EMA) and Lionsgate studio are the two parties behind the public service announcements (PSAs) that feature both actresses. The magazine ads reportedly will start appearing on People magazine this Friday, September 19.
The one that features Scarlett shows the big screen beauty playing off poster for her upcoming movie "The Spirit," which also stars Eva. The ad features one of the movie's taglines, "Answer the Call!" with Scarlett is seen wearing glasses, thick make-up, and a black cap. Scarlett and Eva's "Answer the Call!" PSAs can be seen on Answer-the-Call's official site that also provides more information about how to recycle cell phones.
Scarlett's "Answer the Call" PSA isn't the only good deed she has been up to recently. She has just returned from a four-day trip to the African nation of Rwanda, where she visited AIDS clinics alongside RED, the initiative set up by Bono and Bobby Shriver to help fight AIDS in Africa through business and consumer power.
Scarlett and Eva's action-adventure flick "The Spirit" is slated for a December 25, 2008 release date.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign