'Trick 'r Treat' to Open 2008 Screamfest
"Trick 'r Treat" has been given the honor to be the opening movie for 2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival. The Michael Dougherty's directorial feature film debut will be kicking off the U.S. largest horror film festival on October 10 with its screening at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood followed by a Q&A session with Dougherty.
Produced by Bryan Singer, Alex Garcia and Dan Harris, the flick starring Anna Paquin, Brian Cox and Leslie Bibb among others highlights on the scary consequences of dismissing a tradition. The anthology movie follows a suburban couple, a principal with a serial killer attitude, a young woman dressed as little red riding hood, a group of pranksters and a cantankerous old hermit when they each experience how scary a Halloween can be.
2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival runs from October 10 to 19 at Mann's Chinese 6 Theaters. Several other entry movies apart from "Trick" include "Dance of the Dead", "Martyrs", "The Burrowers", "Parasomnia" and "Splinter". Moreover, the finalists of 2008 Screenplay will be announced on Tuesday, September 30.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival