'Trick 'r Treat' to Open 2008 Screamfest
"Trick 'r Treat" has been given the honor to be the opening movie for 2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival. The Michael Dougherty's directorial feature film debut will be kicking off the U.S. largest horror film festival on October 10 with its screening at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood followed by a Q&A session with Dougherty.
Produced by Bryan Singer, Alex Garcia and Dan Harris, the flick starring Anna Paquin, Brian Cox and Leslie Bibb among others highlights on the scary consequences of dismissing a tradition. The anthology movie follows a suburban couple, a principal with a serial killer attitude, a young woman dressed as little red riding hood, a group of pranksters and a cantankerous old hermit when they each experience how scary a Halloween can be.
2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival runs from October 10 to 19 at Mann's Chinese 6 Theaters. Several other entry movies apart from "Trick" include "Dance of the Dead", "Martyrs", "The Burrowers", "Parasomnia" and "Splinter". Moreover, the finalists of 2008 Screenplay will be announced on Tuesday, September 30.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie