'Trick 'r Treat' to Open 2008 Screamfest
"Trick 'r Treat" has been given the honor to be the opening movie for 2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival. The Michael Dougherty's directorial feature film debut will be kicking off the U.S. largest horror film festival on October 10 with its screening at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood followed by a Q&A session with Dougherty.
Produced by Bryan Singer, Alex Garcia and Dan Harris, the flick starring Anna Paquin, Brian Cox and Leslie Bibb among others highlights on the scary consequences of dismissing a tradition. The anthology movie follows a suburban couple, a principal with a serial killer attitude, a young woman dressed as little red riding hood, a group of pranksters and a cantankerous old hermit when they each experience how scary a Halloween can be.
2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival runs from October 10 to 19 at Mann's Chinese 6 Theaters. Several other entry movies apart from "Trick" include "Dance of the Dead", "Martyrs", "The Burrowers", "Parasomnia" and "Splinter". Moreover, the finalists of 2008 Screenplay will be announced on Tuesday, September 30.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special