'Trick 'r Treat' to Open 2008 Screamfest
"Trick 'r Treat" has been given the honor to be the opening movie for 2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival. The Michael Dougherty's directorial feature film debut will be kicking off the U.S. largest horror film festival on October 10 with its screening at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood followed by a Q&A session with Dougherty.
Produced by Bryan Singer, Alex Garcia and Dan Harris, the flick starring Anna Paquin, Brian Cox and Leslie Bibb among others highlights on the scary consequences of dismissing a tradition. The anthology movie follows a suburban couple, a principal with a serial killer attitude, a young woman dressed as little red riding hood, a group of pranksters and a cantankerous old hermit when they each experience how scary a Halloween can be.
2008 Screamfest Horror Film Festival runs from October 10 to 19 at Mann's Chinese 6 Theaters. Several other entry movies apart from "Trick" include "Dance of the Dead", "Martyrs", "The Burrowers", "Parasomnia" and "Splinter". Moreover, the finalists of 2008 Screenplay will be announced on Tuesday, September 30.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?