Tobey Maguire Stepping Closer to Spider-Man 4 and 5 Deal
The possibility of Tobey Maguire reprising his role as the web-slinging superhero in "Spider-Man 4" and "Spider-Man 5" has been brought up a notch. Recently, Times Online reported that the actor has been working a deal with Sony Pictures for his term on coming back and shooting for the back-to-back movies.
According to the publication, Sony have agreed on one of the supposed clauses for the deal requesting that he is given the early mornings and evenings off to spend quality time with his 22-month-old daughter, Ruby Sweetheart. Times further noted that the "Seabiscuit" star is most likely to be earning a whooping $50 million in salary and profit shares from the two films.
On the 'family time' unprecedented deal, a friend of the star commented earlier, "Tobey admits he is obsessive-compulsive about everything he does, and raising Ruby is no different. There's no way Tobey would allow work, no matter how well paid, to get between him and Ruby, and Sony realized that."
So far, the following two installments of "Spider-Man" franchise have been said to be scripted by James Vanderbilt and produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin. It is expected to start its production sometime in Fall 2009 with the release schedule in May 2011. Recently, director Sam Raimi has been said to be attached as helmer, while the decision whether Kirsten Dunst is coming back or not allegedly will be outed in the next few days.
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing