Tobey Maguire Stepping Closer to Spider-Man 4 and 5 Deal
The possibility of Tobey Maguire reprising his role as the web-slinging superhero in "Spider-Man 4" and "Spider-Man 5" has been brought up a notch. Recently, Times Online reported that the actor has been working a deal with Sony Pictures for his term on coming back and shooting for the back-to-back movies.
According to the publication, Sony have agreed on one of the supposed clauses for the deal requesting that he is given the early mornings and evenings off to spend quality time with his 22-month-old daughter, Ruby Sweetheart. Times further noted that the "Seabiscuit" star is most likely to be earning a whooping $50 million in salary and profit shares from the two films.
On the 'family time' unprecedented deal, a friend of the star commented earlier, "Tobey admits he is obsessive-compulsive about everything he does, and raising Ruby is no different. There's no way Tobey would allow work, no matter how well paid, to get between him and Ruby, and Sony realized that."
So far, the following two installments of "Spider-Man" franchise have been said to be scripted by James Vanderbilt and produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin. It is expected to start its production sometime in Fall 2009 with the release schedule in May 2011. Recently, director Sam Raimi has been said to be attached as helmer, while the decision whether Kirsten Dunst is coming back or not allegedly will be outed in the next few days.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'