Brangelina Donate 2 Million Dollars to Help Fight HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis in Ethiopia
Having donated millions to a number of social causes, Brad Pitt and his longtime partner Angelina Jolie won't stop giving, making a $2 million donation to the Global Health Committee to help fight HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in Ethiopia, the mother country of their adopted daughter Zahara. Making the donation through their Jolie-Pitt Foundation, the celebrity couple would like the cash to be used to build a center, named after Zahara, for Ethiopian children affected by AIDS and tuberculosis.
Pitt and Jolie, also through their Jolie-Pitt Foundation, helped set up a similar clinic in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, the country from which they adopted Maddox. The clinic is named after the little boy and has provided medical treatment, education and social services to children affected by HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis since it was first opened in February 2006.
"Our goal is to transfer the success we have had in Cambodia to Ethiopia where people are needlessly dying of tuberculosis, a curable disease, and HIV/AIDS, a treatable disease," Jolie said about the latest donation she and Pitt have made. As for Pitt, he confessed "It is our hope that when Zahara is older, she will take responsibility for the clinic and continue its mission."
Confirming the donation, the Global Health Committee said that there will be a new center established in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa to treat AIDS orphans and develop a program to treat drug-resistant tuberculosis.
In addition to Maddox and Zahara, Pitt and Jolie also have another adopted son named Pax. Besides them all, they have their own biological children; daughter Shiloh and twin babies Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline.
Prior to their latest donation, Pitt and Jolie have been voted by Parade magazine among its Most Generous Stars in 2008. Both of them are on number 6.
More Brad Pitt News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius