Jennifer Lopez Thriving in Her First Triathlon
Jennifer Lopez has completed her first ever triathlon. Competing at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon in Malibu, California on Sunday, September 14, the 39-year-old has successfully finished the race in 2 hours, 23 minutes and 38.8 seconds and what made it even better, through her participation, she has raised $127,000 benefiting Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Expressing her excitement upon crossing the finish line, she thanked the supporting crowd saying, "Thank you guys so much. This is an amazing day." She then added, "I feel really great and so glad I finished and that I made it out of the water but more amazing than that, I feel really great that we raised $127,000 for the Children's Hospital [Los Angeles] and hopefully it'll go to good use."
Throughout the sporting event which includes swimming, cycling and running, the actress/singer was cheered on from the sideline by her husband, Marc Anthony. Along the way, she was also accompanied by her trainer Gunnar Peterson. Aside from Lopez, another celebrity took part in the race was her "The Wedding Planner" co-star, Matthew McConaughey. He finished the triathlon in 1 hour, 30 minutes and 44.7 seconds.
Lopez has announced her plan to participate earlier on Good Morning America. At the time, she revealed, "[The idea] came up when I was eight months pregnant, when I was beached like a whale. I was watching TV, and I saw a triathlon and I said, 'I think I could do that. Maybe we could raise some money and do something really great.'"
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single