America Ferrera Claims 'The Hills' and 'Gossip Girl' Condition People to Be Mean
Gracing the cover of Seventeen magazine's October 2008 issue, America Ferrera has become talk of the town, not because of her pose but for the comment she made about hit TV series "The Hills" and "Gossip Girl," making both as examples of bad shows that can condition people to be mean. She, however, still shows positive attitude towards the cast, claiming Blake Lively as a wonderful friend of hers.
Being asked by the magazine on "Gossip Girl" being a bad influence, she openly outed her opinion, saying "Close, genuine female relationships are not what generally gets depicted in movies and TV shows. Like, if you're watching The Hills or 90210, all the backstabbing shapes the way we act - you go to school, and you think your job is to find a sworn enemy and be jealous of each other." She, nevertheless, went on adding "I mean, I love Blake [Lively]; she's a wonderful friend of mine, but shows like Gossip Girl kind of condition us to be mean."
Explaining further on her opinion about the TV series, America recalled on her experience working with female companions, calling it "pretty catty." Above all, she admitted to have good relationship with co-stars of her latest film "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2." She admitted working with Blake, Amber Tamblyn, and Alexis Bledel, the other cast of the drama comedy flick, was one "of the most wonderful experiences" she has ever had with girl relationships.
The October 2008 issue of Seventeen magazine that features America on its cover and her interview hits newsstands on September 16.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3