America Ferrera Claims 'The Hills' and 'Gossip Girl' Condition People to Be Mean
Gracing the cover of Seventeen magazine's October 2008 issue, America Ferrera has become talk of the town, not because of her pose but for the comment she made about hit TV series "The Hills" and "Gossip Girl," making both as examples of bad shows that can condition people to be mean. She, however, still shows positive attitude towards the cast, claiming Blake Lively as a wonderful friend of hers.
Being asked by the magazine on "Gossip Girl" being a bad influence, she openly outed her opinion, saying "Close, genuine female relationships are not what generally gets depicted in movies and TV shows. Like, if you're watching The Hills or 90210, all the backstabbing shapes the way we act - you go to school, and you think your job is to find a sworn enemy and be jealous of each other." She, nevertheless, went on adding "I mean, I love Blake [Lively]; she's a wonderful friend of mine, but shows like Gossip Girl kind of condition us to be mean."
Explaining further on her opinion about the TV series, America recalled on her experience working with female companions, calling it "pretty catty." Above all, she admitted to have good relationship with co-stars of her latest film "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2." She admitted working with Blake, Amber Tamblyn, and Alexis Bledel, the other cast of the drama comedy flick, was one "of the most wonderful experiences" she has ever had with girl relationships.
The October 2008 issue of Seventeen magazine that features America on its cover and her interview hits newsstands on September 16.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce