'Happy-Go-Lucky' Previews Four New Clips
Four brand new clips from indie comedy "Happy-Go-Lucky" have been revealed. Compiled into one video player, the clips display Poppy in four different situations. The first showcases Poppy in what seems to be a date with Tim, the next two present her having her driving lesson with grumpy Scott, while the last puts her in a flamenco dance class.
Poppy is an irrepressibly free-spirited school teacher who sees situation she encounters through a positive glass. Having an unsinkable sense of optimism, she looks at a recent incident where her bike is stolen as a chance for her to take driving lesson. Yet, instead of getting an enthusiastic driving instructor, she is attended by Scott, who is completely opposite of her.
Faced with this fuming, uptight cynic on weekly basis and worsened by even more challenging environment, including a fiery flamenco instructor, her bitter pregnant sister, a troubled homeless man and a young bully in her class, she soon finds that keeping her happy spirit is a challenge. All of this negative combination leads her to view the life's question of "glass half full or half empty".
To be opened in limited theaters on October 10, "Happy-Go-Lucky" has been screened at the 33rd Annual Toronto International Film Festival which runs from September 4 to September 13. Directed and scripted by Mike Leigh, it has brought its leading actress Sally Hawkins a 2008 Berlin International Film Festival's Silver Bear for best actress. It is also supported by Eddie Marsan, Alexis Zegerman, Andrea Riseborough, Sinead Matthews, Kate O'Flynn and Samuel Roukin.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences