Behind the First Day of Janet Jackson's 'Rock Witchu' Tour
The first day of Janet Jackson's "Rock Witchu" tour was captured on her boyfriend, Jermaine Dupri's camera and labeled "The First Night". The footage gives inside looks to the venue while it's still empty, Janet's dressing room access and moments before the concert was about to take off.
Janet launched her first tour in seven years in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, September 10 and was welcomed with a rave. At one point, Janet literally sobbed on the stage because of fans' response that became overwhelming. The star was seen fighting back tears during the fan-appreciation session.
The concert presented 36 hits, some come from fans choice, that spawn her 30 years of career in music. There was also a virtual duet section where Janet collaborates with Nelly and Dave Navarro who were present in pre-recorded videos.
For the highly-energetic concert, Janet said that she also owed it to her performers team. "Every tour it gets better, and better and better," Janet told ET Online. "We get closer and closer. I think we watch over one another."
"Rock Witchu" tour is in support of her tenth studio album "Discipline". Her next stop would be Oakland, C.A. on Saturday, September 13.
More Janet Jackson News
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members