Laila Ali Gives Birth to Baby Boy
Laila Ali is embracing the role of motherhood as she has given birth to a baby boy, her first child with husband Curtis Conway. In an announcement on her official website, dated Thursday, September 11, it is stated that the infant is named Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr. and was born on August 26. "He's a healthy baby boy who weighed 6.8 lbs. and measured 19 inches long. Mama and baby are resting," the statement read. Not going into further detail, the statement continued "Although mom and baby are both healthy and happy, there were some surprises during labor that altered Laila's birth plan."
Laila married second hubby Curtis in July 2007 in Los Angeles. Confirming her pregnancy to Essence magazine back in March 2008, the female boxer said "I don't know yet if we are having a boy or a girl, but I'm excited that I have a life inside me that my husband and I created."
In early June she shared details of her pregnancy to US Weekly, telling the publication she's having a boy. Revealing on a possible name, she said, "his name is going to be Curtis Jr. - after his father (Curtis Conway) - and Muhammad is the middle name." The middle name presumably is meant to honor her boxing great father Muhammad Ali.
Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr. is the first child for Laila and the fourth for Curtis. The NFL player has twin sons and a daughter from a previous relationship.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie