Laila Ali Gives Birth to Baby Boy
Laila Ali is embracing the role of motherhood as she has given birth to a baby boy, her first child with husband Curtis Conway. In an announcement on her official website, dated Thursday, September 11, it is stated that the infant is named Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr. and was born on August 26. "He's a healthy baby boy who weighed 6.8 lbs. and measured 19 inches long. Mama and baby are resting," the statement read. Not going into further detail, the statement continued "Although mom and baby are both healthy and happy, there were some surprises during labor that altered Laila's birth plan."
Laila married second hubby Curtis in July 2007 in Los Angeles. Confirming her pregnancy to Essence magazine back in March 2008, the female boxer said "I don't know yet if we are having a boy or a girl, but I'm excited that I have a life inside me that my husband and I created."
In early June she shared details of her pregnancy to US Weekly, telling the publication she's having a boy. Revealing on a possible name, she said, "his name is going to be Curtis Jr. - after his father (Curtis Conway) - and Muhammad is the middle name." The middle name presumably is meant to honor her boxing great father Muhammad Ali.
Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr. is the first child for Laila and the fourth for Curtis. The NFL player has twin sons and a daughter from a previous relationship.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences