Joe Jonas Says Russell Brand Needs a Hug
Still being asked about the public mock that Russell Brand made during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards on his and his brothers' purity rings and celibacy, Joe Jonas told MTV UK that he thinks the British comedian needs a hug and he would love to give him one. Adding to his positive response towards the incident, brother Kevin Jonas continued saying, "I don't know if there is really a positive (to come out of Russell's comments)- he was kind of running out of material after a little while."
Brand, who served as host at annual MTV VMAs on Sunday, September 7, made joke about Joe, Kevin, and Nick Jonas' "purity rings" for more than half of the show. He suggested that the boys shouldn't keep their virginity for marriage, but rather take advantage of their youth and celebrity status.
Being slammed by some other celebs, including Jordin Sparks, Paris Hilton and gossip blogger Perez Hilton, all of whom have shown their support for the siblings' sexual commitment, Brand later offered an apology, saying "I've gotta say sorry because I said those things about promise rings; that was bad of me. I didn't mean to take it lightly."
Refusing to discuss Brand's purity ring jokes even further, Jonas Brothers prefer to talk about meeting fellow famous celebs backstage during the awards show. Kevin previously told the press that he and his brothers "had a good time" during the entire evening as they "had a lot of friends there and everybody's so nice."
Jonas Brothers, in the meantime, are in London, England for the European TV premiere of their new movie, "Camp Rock."
More Jonas Brothers News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance