Joe Jonas Says Russell Brand Needs a Hug
Still being asked about the public mock that Russell Brand made during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards on his and his brothers' purity rings and celibacy, Joe Jonas told MTV UK that he thinks the British comedian needs a hug and he would love to give him one. Adding to his positive response towards the incident, brother Kevin Jonas continued saying, "I don't know if there is really a positive (to come out of Russell's comments)- he was kind of running out of material after a little while."
Brand, who served as host at annual MTV VMAs on Sunday, September 7, made joke about Joe, Kevin, and Nick Jonas' "purity rings" for more than half of the show. He suggested that the boys shouldn't keep their virginity for marriage, but rather take advantage of their youth and celebrity status.
Being slammed by some other celebs, including Jordin Sparks, Paris Hilton and gossip blogger Perez Hilton, all of whom have shown their support for the siblings' sexual commitment, Brand later offered an apology, saying "I've gotta say sorry because I said those things about promise rings; that was bad of me. I didn't mean to take it lightly."
Refusing to discuss Brand's purity ring jokes even further, Jonas Brothers prefer to talk about meeting fellow famous celebs backstage during the awards show. Kevin previously told the press that he and his brothers "had a good time" during the entire evening as they "had a lot of friends there and everybody's so nice."
Jonas Brothers, in the meantime, are in London, England for the European TV premiere of their new movie, "Camp Rock."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says