Joe Jonas Says Russell Brand Needs a Hug
Still being asked about the public mock that Russell Brand made during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards on his and his brothers' purity rings and celibacy, Joe Jonas told MTV UK that he thinks the British comedian needs a hug and he would love to give him one. Adding to his positive response towards the incident, brother Kevin Jonas continued saying, "I don't know if there is really a positive (to come out of Russell's comments)- he was kind of running out of material after a little while."
Brand, who served as host at annual MTV VMAs on Sunday, September 7, made joke about Joe, Kevin, and Nick Jonas' "purity rings" for more than half of the show. He suggested that the boys shouldn't keep their virginity for marriage, but rather take advantage of their youth and celebrity status.
Being slammed by some other celebs, including Jordin Sparks, Paris Hilton and gossip blogger Perez Hilton, all of whom have shown their support for the siblings' sexual commitment, Brand later offered an apology, saying "I've gotta say sorry because I said those things about promise rings; that was bad of me. I didn't mean to take it lightly."
Refusing to discuss Brand's purity ring jokes even further, Jonas Brothers prefer to talk about meeting fellow famous celebs backstage during the awards show. Kevin previously told the press that he and his brothers "had a good time" during the entire evening as they "had a lot of friends there and everybody's so nice."
Jonas Brothers, in the meantime, are in London, England for the European TV premiere of their new movie, "Camp Rock."
More Jonas Brothers News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding