'Sex and the City' Sequel One Step Closer to Materialization
Reported to be in negotiation stage, a sequel to "Sex and the City" seems to be getting closer to happen. Talking to EW's Insider Blog, writer/director Michael Patrick King speaks out that he still thinks that a follow-up story is possible to be made saying, "It doesn't feel done to me at all. It feels like it generated a whole new burst of enthusiasm for these characters."
He further adds, "I thought if I could come up with a really fun, worthy story it would certainly be a great chance to do it again." When asked further about ideas he has for the sequel, he refuses to give out any hints stating, "If I tipped my head right now, ideas would come pouring out." Nevertheless, he suggests that it may be coming out in summer. "It's always nice to see the girls in the summer," so claimed the 53-year-old.
Four years after HBO's original series "Sex and the City" aired its series finale, New Line Cinema presented fans with a continuation of the series in a big screen. Following the new adventure faced by Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda, the flick was released on May 30 to an overwhelming response when it raked in $57 million over the first weekend marking it to be the biggest opening ever for a romantic comedy. It has since pulled in $388.7 million worldwide.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service