'Fast and Furious' Pushed Back a Week
"Fast and Furious" won't be heading into theaters as scheduled on June 5, 2009. In the latest report related to the fourth installment of the street car racing saga, Hollywood Reporter unearthed that Universal Pictures have decided to move back the Justin Lin-directed movie seven days to a new slot on June 12, 2009.
Universal distribution president Nikki Rocco reportedly explained that the decision on delaying "Furious" was taken after the studio pushed forward their other forthcoming film "Land of the Lost" to June 5 release to avoid any marketplace overlap. In the new schedule, "Furious" may be getting a competition from the 20th Century Fox action comedy "The A-Team".
On "Lost" tentpole change, it is unfolded that the switch has been done to elude clash with "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" after the fantasy adaptation movie was pushed back to the Will Ferrell-starrer family comedy's original release schedule on July 17, 2009. Up to the news date, in the new slot, "Lost" has yet to have any competition.
Teaming up once again the original "The Fast and the Furious" cast ensemble, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster, "Furious" marked the return of the foe-turned-ally duo, ex-con Dom Toretto and agent Brian O'Conner. This fourth film will put the pair together again in a new mission that pushes the limits of what's possible behind the wheel to bring down their shared enemy.
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday