'Fast and Furious' Pushed Back a Week
"Fast and Furious" won't be heading into theaters as scheduled on June 5, 2009. In the latest report related to the fourth installment of the street car racing saga, Hollywood Reporter unearthed that Universal Pictures have decided to move back the Justin Lin-directed movie seven days to a new slot on June 12, 2009.
Universal distribution president Nikki Rocco reportedly explained that the decision on delaying "Furious" was taken after the studio pushed forward their other forthcoming film "Land of the Lost" to June 5 release to avoid any marketplace overlap. In the new schedule, "Furious" may be getting a competition from the 20th Century Fox action comedy "The A-Team".
On "Lost" tentpole change, it is unfolded that the switch has been done to elude clash with "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" after the fantasy adaptation movie was pushed back to the Will Ferrell-starrer family comedy's original release schedule on July 17, 2009. Up to the news date, in the new slot, "Lost" has yet to have any competition.
Teaming up once again the original "The Fast and the Furious" cast ensemble, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster, "Furious" marked the return of the foe-turned-ally duo, ex-con Dom Toretto and agent Brian O'Conner. This fourth film will put the pair together again in a new mission that pushes the limits of what's possible behind the wheel to bring down their shared enemy.
More Fast and Furious News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce