Jessica Alba's Bondage-Inspired Ad for 'Declare Yourself'
Lending her celebrity status for the sake of politics, Jessica Alba has modeled for a shocking new bondage-themed billboard advert to encourage Americans to vote in the forthcoming presidential election. She does the ad campaign, titled "Only You Can Silence Yourself," as part of Declare Yourself, the national nonpartisan, nonprofit youth voter initiative which aim is to pursue young adults to register and vote in the 2008 election.
Alba's ad campaign for Declare Yourself was shot by photographer Marc Liddel. It sees her posing topless with black tape across her breasts and mouth. She's seen in it donning a heavy make-up. "If you don't register and vote and make a difference, and hopefully change the bad things that are happening in our country, you are essentially just binding and muzzling yourself," the actress and mother of one declared. "I really don't see the point in not registering to vote."
She continued, "We sign up for MySpace pages and Facebook pages, and download music off the Internet. The least people can do is register to vote online, actually making a difference in their world, not just making their lives a little bit cooler. It makes more sense to spend your time making a change in society-and it actually doesn't take that much time! It takes more time to make a music playlist than it does to register to vote."
Politics aside, Jessica has been enjoying most of her time with baby daughter Honor. She was seen taking the little girl for lunch with husband Cash Warren at L'Express Restaurant on Wednesday afternoon, September 10.
More Jessica Alba News
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'