Sarah McLachlan Splits from Husband Ashwin Sood
The 11-year marriage of Sarah McLachlan and her husband Ashwin Sood is over. Pouring out her grieve, she shares her feeling with fans in new songs. Announcing her separation from the Canadian musician, she publicly stated "I'm separating from my husband" adding that her songs "U Want Me 2" and "Don't Give Up on Us" tell about her personal turmoil dealing with the failed marriage.
McLachlan and Ashwin, the drummer in her band, have been married since February 1997. They are parents to two daughters; India Ann Sushil and Taja. The family currently reside in Vancouver.
"I wasn't planning on saying anything," the songbird told Billboard.com on making public her separation from the father of her children. She then continued, "but it's gonna come out at some point. I haven't said anything about it because I've been terrified to, but I figure ... there's no good time to say it, so I just said it."
McLachlan didn't elaborate on the reason for the split. She simply stated that she found the separation as "pretty gross".
Relating her failed marriage with her new singles, McLachlan elaborated that "U Want Me 2" is about "that really uncertain, confusing place at the end of a relationship when there's no communication or closure, everything's still up in the air and there's a lot of anger and sadness. It's sort of that working through 'How do we move forward ... with some dignity and grace." As for "Don't Give Up on Us", she claimed it as "pretty self-explanatory, basically just a plea to give it another chance and keep trying."
Both "U Want Me 2" and "Don't Give Up on Us" are featured on her compilation LP "Closer-The Best of Sarah McLachlan" which comes out Oct. 7. The video for "U Want Me 2", meanwhile, has been premiered on Amazon.com Wednesday, Sept 10.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'