'The Greatest American Hero' Indeed Going to Big Screen
The superhero drama-comedy popular in the '80s, "The Greatest American Hero", is indeed on the work to be made into a movie. Sci Fi Wire reported that during a Q&A session at the the Screen Actors Guild foundation's 75th anniversary on September 7, series creator Stephen J. Cannell has finally announced the plan.
On the occasion, he stated, "We've written a screenplay, and we've hired a director, and we're in the midst of putting this together for the future." Though he did not let out a single clue on who the chosen director is, words are "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" helmer, Stephen Herek, is set for the part.
Commenting on the written script, one of the TV series' original cast members, William Katt, told the audience about what he thinks of it. "I took a sneak peak at the [feature] script, and it's absolutely charming and wonderful," he shared. "I know people are going to love it."
As for the original cast ensemble, Connie Sellecca, Katt and Robert Culp, Cannell further promised to give them parts for them to make special appearances when answering to Sellecca's question of cameo possibility. "Absolutely guaranteed," he said. "More than cameos: acting jobs."
"Greatest American Hero" was aired for three seasons on ABC from 1981 to 1983. It follows the adventures faced by Ralph Hinkley, a schoolteacher for 'special students' turned superhero after getting his hands on a silly-looking red suit which grants him superhero abilities. The series is planned to also be revived in a series of animated shorts with voices from Katt, Culp and Sellecca.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party