Josh Hartnett Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Daily Mirror for Sex Tape Report
Responding to the Daily Mirror's claim that he was caught on CCTV while having sex with a random chick inside Soho Hotel's unlocked library, Josh Hartnett is taking the publication to the courthouse. His lawyers said the actor is seeking damages for defamation and demanding an apology from Daily Mirror for publishing the false report. His legal representatives even branded Daily Mirror's sex tape claim as "not only untrue but a complete fabrication, defamatory and unsubstantiated."
The Daily Mirror ran a story earlier this month that Hartnett had sex with a random lady in Soho Hotel's library and the romp was caught on CCTV without him or the girl knowing. Daily Mirror even went on detailing as being told by its mole that "Josh and the girl were getting pretty hot and heavy. After stumbling in quite late, they legged it to the library and immediately closed all the curtains so that no one could see in."
The Mirror, additionally, also claimed "a whole team of hotel personnel watched dumbstruck as Josh pulled out all the stops in a breathtaking performance. The lusty couple had sloped off to the Soho hotel's library - but reading was the last thing on their minds."
Inside sources at the hotel have previously stated the romp never happened and Hartnett was not even there on the night in question, though he sometime stays at the hotel.
Hartnett himself denied the report, telling British talk show GMTV in recent interview, "It's incredible the stories they (the British newspapers) come out with. In the States at least they have to make a call to a representative and try to make a reality out of the situation. Over here (in Britain) they just make things up. (The paper said) there was a rumor about a video. But how can you have a rumor about a video? It would be on the Internet (by) now."
Hartnett currently is in London preparing to star in a West End production of "Rain Man," which is due to open on September 19.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama