Oprah Winfrey Confirmed to Make Special Guest Appearance at 60th Primetime Emmys
With the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards is drawing near, it has been reported that Oprah Winfrey will make a guest appearance at the star-studded event. On Monday, September 8 ABC, the television network which will be airing the awards show, officially confirmed her scheduled guest appearance at the upcoming event.
Ken Ehrlich, the Executive Producer of Emmys, expressed his gratitude for having the famous talk show host guest starring at the festivity. He said, "Oprah Winfrey has been such a part of television for so many years that to have her participate in this year's show was very important to us. We're thrilled that she has accepted our invitation to be here to celebrate the TV Academy's 60th Anniversary."
Moreover, Stephen McPherson, the president of ABC Entertainment, also praised Oprah to have epitomized "all that is wonderful about television." He added, "along with the Academy, our goal this year has been to celebrate this incredible medium. It is not only fitting, but an honor to have her be a part of this 60th Anniversary show."
Oprah will be joining fellow celebs, like Ryan Seacrest, Tom Bergeron, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum, and Jeff Probst, all of whom have been tapped to host the show. The fivesome, as well, are nominated in the new category, Best Reality Show Host.
The 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be broadcast live from the NOKIA Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 21 at 8:00-11:00 P.M., ET/PT on ABC.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'