Lily Allen Blogs About On-Stage Row with Elton John at GQ Awards
Breaking her silence about her recent row with Elton John at the annual GQ Men of the Year Awards, Lily Allen claims that despite exchanging insults with the star she's still good friends with him. Reaching out to her MySpace Blog to talk about their
on-stage row, the songbird wrote in a new entry that despite rumors to the contrary, everything is well between her and Elton.
Blaming the media for exaggerating the war of words, the troubled singer wrote in the post "Trying to create a feud on the other hand, and trying to make me out as being some rude little girl with a drink problem is just unfair." She confirmed further, "Elton and I exchanged jokes and there were no hard feelings at all, in fact neither of us gave it a second thought."
On getting drunk during the awards show, held Tuesday, September 2 at the Royal Opera House in London, Lily defended herself, writing "I'm not defending my drunkeness because i don't need to, i'm 23 it was an awards ceremony i drank the free champagne, how awful of me."
Also addressing on her actor brother Alfie Owen-Allen's secret engagement to girlfriend Jaime Winston, which she accidentally outed during the event, Lily claimed that much contrary to her statement, the couple in fact "had never been engaged". Trying to ensure people about the pair's status, she went on writing on her MySpace Blog "Jamie and I are the best of friends and I was just winding Alfie up , he's my little brother and that's what siblings do. Jamie wasn't pissed off with me, if she was i would have known about it, believe me."
Dealing with the many negative media publication about her and Elton, Lily has stated in her blog that she would be staying indoors all weekend to avoid the paparazzi. She, in the meantime, is waiting for the release of her second studio album, titled "Stuck on the Naughty Step".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed