Lily Allen Blogs About On-Stage Row with Elton John at GQ Awards
Breaking her silence about her recent row with Elton John at the annual GQ Men of the Year Awards, Lily Allen claims that despite exchanging insults with the star she's still good friends with him. Reaching out to her MySpace Blog to talk about their
on-stage row, the songbird wrote in a new entry that despite rumors to the contrary, everything is well between her and Elton.
Blaming the media for exaggerating the war of words, the troubled singer wrote in the post "Trying to create a feud on the other hand, and trying to make me out as being some rude little girl with a drink problem is just unfair." She confirmed further, "Elton and I exchanged jokes and there were no hard feelings at all, in fact neither of us gave it a second thought."
On getting drunk during the awards show, held Tuesday, September 2 at the Royal Opera House in London, Lily defended herself, writing "I'm not defending my drunkeness because i don't need to, i'm 23 it was an awards ceremony i drank the free champagne, how awful of me."
Also addressing on her actor brother Alfie Owen-Allen's secret engagement to girlfriend Jaime Winston, which she accidentally outed during the event, Lily claimed that much contrary to her statement, the couple in fact "had never been engaged". Trying to ensure people about the pair's status, she went on writing on her MySpace Blog "Jamie and I are the best of friends and I was just winding Alfie up , he's my little brother and that's what siblings do. Jamie wasn't pissed off with me, if she was i would have known about it, believe me."
Dealing with the many negative media publication about her and Elton, Lily has stated in her blog that she would be staying indoors all weekend to avoid the paparazzi. She, in the meantime, is waiting for the release of her second studio album, titled "Stuck on the Naughty Step".
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise