Ginuwine Shelving TGT's Album, to Work on His Own Project
Just a year after announcing the plan to enter recording room with Tyrese Gibson and Tank, multi-platinum R&B singer Ginuwine confirms that the collaboration effort of his super group TGT is shelved. He says that the pulling-off happens because there have been internal issues that prevent the album from being released. "Due to label and legal issues we will not be able to release an official TGT album," he says.
Furthermore, Ginuwine states that each member of the band will individually release a solo album. He continues as saying, "However we did make some amazing music which will appear on each of our respective albums."
Following the cancellation of TGT's project, Ginuwine is now working on his sixth studio album with Notifi Records. "Notifi is giving me the support and creative freedom to record the sounds I think best represent me," he says.
Speaking of the deal, CEO of the recording company, Ira Dewitt, says that they are looking forward to the release date in 2009. "Notifi Records is proud to be working with such a well respected artist and look forward to the creative direction this project is headed," Ira explains. "Our current plans include having a single out this Sept./Oct. and an album released by quarter one of 2009. We are lining up top producers and tracks as we speak."
However, Ginuwine refuses to rush his project as he wants to explore his creativity. "I have been touring and working on various projects the last couple of years and pondering what I wanted my next moves to be," he states. "I didn't want to rush into just doing what a label told me to do but rather take time to be creative and find music and projects that I have creative control over."
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right