Three More Directors Lining Up for 'Heavy Metal'
Words are directors Guillermo del Toro, Zack Snyder and Gore Verbinski are eyeing to participate in directing a new animation sci-fi fantasy project, "Heavy Metal". The possibility was broken out by Heavy Metal magazine publisher Kevin Eastman in an interview with rgbFILTER earlier, but confirmation on the matter has yet to be shared.
This feature film has had David Fincher and Eastman himself who are each attached to direct one of the eight or nine individual animated segments. Slated for 2010 release, the flick has been envisioned to be an adult-themed R-rated film with erotic and violent storylines and images which has been the trademark of Heavy Metal magazine.
Announced to be developed back in March, "Metal" let out a shocking news previously with a turnaround from Paramount Pictures to Sony Entertainment, so claimed First Showing. The switching of the studio is said to have something to do with the on-going fight between Fincher and Paramount over "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" due to the running time of the film. Meanwhile, some speculated that the project was "too dark and sexy" for the studio.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group