Three More Directors Lining Up for 'Heavy Metal'
Words are directors Guillermo del Toro, Zack Snyder and Gore Verbinski are eyeing to participate in directing a new animation sci-fi fantasy project, "Heavy Metal". The possibility was broken out by Heavy Metal magazine publisher Kevin Eastman in an interview with rgbFILTER earlier, but confirmation on the matter has yet to be shared.
This feature film has had David Fincher and Eastman himself who are each attached to direct one of the eight or nine individual animated segments. Slated for 2010 release, the flick has been envisioned to be an adult-themed R-rated film with erotic and violent storylines and images which has been the trademark of Heavy Metal magazine.
Announced to be developed back in March, "Metal" let out a shocking news previously with a turnaround from Paramount Pictures to Sony Entertainment, so claimed First Showing. The switching of the studio is said to have something to do with the on-going fight between Fincher and Paramount over "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" due to the running time of the film. Meanwhile, some speculated that the project was "too dark and sexy" for the studio.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones