Three More Directors Lining Up for 'Heavy Metal'
Words are directors Guillermo del Toro, Zack Snyder and Gore Verbinski are eyeing to participate in directing a new animation sci-fi fantasy project, "Heavy Metal". The possibility was broken out by Heavy Metal magazine publisher Kevin Eastman in an interview with rgbFILTER earlier, but confirmation on the matter has yet to be shared.
This feature film has had David Fincher and Eastman himself who are each attached to direct one of the eight or nine individual animated segments. Slated for 2010 release, the flick has been envisioned to be an adult-themed R-rated film with erotic and violent storylines and images which has been the trademark of Heavy Metal magazine.
Announced to be developed back in March, "Metal" let out a shocking news previously with a turnaround from Paramount Pictures to Sony Entertainment, so claimed First Showing. The switching of the studio is said to have something to do with the on-going fight between Fincher and Paramount over "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" due to the running time of the film. Meanwhile, some speculated that the project was "too dark and sexy" for the studio.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'