Three More Directors Lining Up for 'Heavy Metal'
Words are directors Guillermo del Toro, Zack Snyder and Gore Verbinski are eyeing to participate in directing a new animation sci-fi fantasy project, "Heavy Metal". The possibility was broken out by Heavy Metal magazine publisher Kevin Eastman in an interview with rgbFILTER earlier, but confirmation on the matter has yet to be shared.
This feature film has had David Fincher and Eastman himself who are each attached to direct one of the eight or nine individual animated segments. Slated for 2010 release, the flick has been envisioned to be an adult-themed R-rated film with erotic and violent storylines and images which has been the trademark of Heavy Metal magazine.
Announced to be developed back in March, "Metal" let out a shocking news previously with a turnaround from Paramount Pictures to Sony Entertainment, so claimed First Showing. The switching of the studio is said to have something to do with the on-going fight between Fincher and Paramount over "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" due to the running time of the film. Meanwhile, some speculated that the project was "too dark and sexy" for the studio.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri