Jennie Garth's Little Daughter Has Arthritis
Aside from the success of her latest TV project, CW's "90210", Jennie Garth finds out that not all is well in her life as her little daughter, Lola Ray, was diagnosed with arthritis earlier this year. Opening up about that in a new interview with People, she referred to the moment as "six months of hell."
"I had a sick daughter and then my father passed away, so there was a six month period in my life when I didn't think about my looks or my weight or my body or anything," so she explained to People for using such reference. Not knowing the disease Lola was suffering from, she found it even harder when after completing her stint on "Dancing with the Stars," Lola's condition got worse and she didn't even know what was wrong with the little girl.
"I was basically locked in a closet with her for three months," she confessed, adding that "I didn't exercise or eat health. I had been a 27 in my jeans after Dancing With the Stars and I was so excited. But it really went back quickly. I definitely gained inches and a size."
Going through the dark moment for some time, doctors could finally diagnose Lola's illness, saying she suffered from Juvenille Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA), which is an autoimmune disorder that causes swelling in the joints. Garth revealed that while the process was tough, Lola is "better now."
Spending 10 years on the original series of "90210" in 1990s, Garth reprises her role of Kelly Taylor, which catapulted her to fame, in its spin-off which already premiered on CW on Tuesday, September 2. The teen drama series quickly became a hit soon after its first airing.
Off screen, Garth has been married to actor Peter Facinelli since January 2001. They are parents to three daughters; Luca Bella, Lola, and Fiona Eve.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen