'Ghostbusters 3' Moving Forward
"Ghostbusters 3" is most likely to be well on the way as Columbia Pictures have hired scribes for their newest comedy fantasy project. On Thursday, September 4, Variety reported that the production company have picked up "The Office" writers/co-executive producers, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, to pen the script.
Reportedly, Eisenberg and Stupnitsky are expected to design the film to be a platform for the original cast, consisting of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, to be teaming up once again as the ghost exterminators. The pair have recently collaborated with Ramis for his directed comedy "Year One" by providing the script.
Earlier, one of "Ghostbusters" original actors, Aykroyd, has hinted on the possibility of the third movie being pushed forward. To E! Online, the comedian said, "Two sharp young writers in Hollywood are purported to be writing the sequel. It would be the third movie now. If I could get Seth [Rogen] and Judd [Apatow] to be a part of it, that would be a dream. Absolutely."
The original "Ghostbusters" movie was Columbia's highest grossing film ever until "Men in Black" and "Spider-Man" came along and was also the biggest grossing film of 1984 with the overall domestic sales of $238.6 million. It follows three misfit parapsychology research professors who were kicked out of Columbia University. Looking for another way to make their living, they provide services for professional paranormal investigations and eliminations.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?