Janet Jackson Reluctant to Continue With Def Jam
Following the poor market share for her tenth major studio album "Discipline", Janet Jackson has reportedly questioned the capability of Def Jam Island Records and been reluctant to continue her deal with the recording company. In a conference call, Janet says, "I can't say if we'll be working with them in the future."
When asked whether it means that she will be leaving the label, Janet refuses to give an explanation. Instead of elaborating her statement, she says, "I don't know what the future holds between the two of us."
"Discipline" is Janet's first work with the Def Jam after leaving Virgin Records. Produced by herself and her boyfriend, Island Urban president Jermaine Dupri, the first single "Feedback" from the album could only peak at number 19 on Billboard Hot 100 chart and second single "Rock With U" only reached number 121.
The rumor starts to rise with a saying that Janet's suspicious absence from Def Jam-produced charity song "Just Stand Up", which features many established female singers, is due to the distant relationship. Unfortunately, neither Janet nor the label give their comments on the issue.
Despite the rumor, Janet is now preparing to kick off her "Rock Witchu" tour on September 10 in Vancouver. She says that the tour is a fans' request, which is made on her call-in line service. "They tell me what they'd like to hear, what they'd like to see, what they want. And this is what I'm trying to give them," the singer explains.
Elsewhere, Janet is booked along side Snoop Dogg, Toby Keith, and Jessica Simpson for a special appearance in support of U.S. troops before the military members serve overseas. The show will be broadcast on Sunday, September 7 at 9 P.M. ET/PT through ABC.
More Janet Jackson News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt