Kanye West to Close 2008 MTV VMAs Show
Despite his last year's vow saying that he would never perform at MTV Video Music Awards again after failing to win any prize, Kanye West has decided to end his brief beef with the music cable network and agreed to perform at the closing ceremony of this year's show. In a press conference held on Thursday, September 4, comedian and VMAs host Russell Brand says to the cameras that Kanye will have a super-sized performance of his own that is still kept for top secret.
Furthermore, regardless the rumor that her old rival Britney Spears may not sing at the show, Christina Aguilera is confirmed to make her first televised performance in the event since giving birth to baby boy Max in January. Speaking of the upcoming performance, Christina says that she will debut her new single called "Keep Getting Better" from her "Keeps Gettin' Better - A Decade of Hits", which will come out on November 11. "You're going to get a first look and a first listen at my new image and my new sound," Christina tells reporters. "The last album, the style and sound was about vintage gleam, this one is all about the future."
Along with Christina's big announcement, the conference continues pouring the latest round of the event's performers and presenters. Coming down from a fire fighters' ladder, T.I. grabbed the microphone and announced that he was coming down to make a special announcement of his own.
Another surprise from the stars-studded show is that the singer of the summer's biggest hit "I Kissed A Girl" Katy Perry will sing her own version of Madonna's "Like A Virgin". Meanwhile, Pete Wentz, Heidi Montag, and Spencer Pratt will appear together to announce the winner from one of the categories offered by the show and Taylor Swift will introduce the Jonas Brothers' set instead of her own.
MTV continue rolling out a long list of additional presenters, including Jamie Foxx of "Gossip Girl", pregnant Ashlee Simpson, Leona Lewis, Paris Hilton, Shia LaBeouf and many others. The 25th annual show will be aired live on September 7 from Hollywood's Paramount Studios starting at 9 P.M. E.T.
More Kanye West News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars