M.I.A. Confirming Musical Retirement
British musician M.I.A. finally comes out to make a statement concerning the latest rumor saying that she will leave music industry. The singer recently says to the media that she is not only stopping from touring but also from making music. "It was my last ever show. And it still is. I stopped touring after that and I didn't want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved," the singer stated.
When asked whether the retirement will be permanent or just a couple-years break, she says that she is indeed tempted to make a follow-up for her successful single "Paper Plane", which is taken from her 2007 effort "Kala", but she has planned for another move. "With the success of 'Paper Planes', there's pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more," she said in a press release. "It's a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That's a joke."
Speaking of her future project, she reveals that if given a chance, she will be happy to make a debut on the big screen. "I think I would have gone and made a film. As an artist you want to play around with mediums and see if you can get the point across in a different way. I wanted to stay an outsider and prolong the process of getting accepted," the musician expained at the end of her interview.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?