M.I.A. Confirming Musical Retirement
British musician M.I.A. finally comes out to make a statement concerning the latest rumor saying that she will leave music industry. The singer recently says to the media that she is not only stopping from touring but also from making music. "It was my last ever show. And it still is. I stopped touring after that and I didn't want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved," the singer stated.
When asked whether the retirement will be permanent or just a couple-years break, she says that she is indeed tempted to make a follow-up for her successful single "Paper Plane", which is taken from her 2007 effort "Kala", but she has planned for another move. "With the success of 'Paper Planes', there's pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more," she said in a press release. "It's a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That's a joke."
Speaking of her future project, she reveals that if given a chance, she will be happy to make a debut on the big screen. "I think I would have gone and made a film. As an artist you want to play around with mediums and see if you can get the point across in a different way. I wanted to stay an outsider and prolong the process of getting accepted," the musician expained at the end of her interview.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope