M.I.A. Confirming Musical Retirement
British musician M.I.A. finally comes out to make a statement concerning the latest rumor saying that she will leave music industry. The singer recently says to the media that she is not only stopping from touring but also from making music. "It was my last ever show. And it still is. I stopped touring after that and I didn't want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved," the singer stated.
When asked whether the retirement will be permanent or just a couple-years break, she says that she is indeed tempted to make a follow-up for her successful single "Paper Plane", which is taken from her 2007 effort "Kala", but she has planned for another move. "With the success of 'Paper Planes', there's pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more," she said in a press release. "It's a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That's a joke."
Speaking of her future project, she reveals that if given a chance, she will be happy to make a debut on the big screen. "I think I would have gone and made a film. As an artist you want to play around with mediums and see if you can get the point across in a different way. I wanted to stay an outsider and prolong the process of getting accepted," the musician expained at the end of her interview.
More M.I.A. News
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge