Coen Brothers' 'Reading' Burning Venice's Red Carpet at World Premiere
Appointed to be the movie to kick off the 65th Venice International Film Festival, "Burn After Reading" brought a Hollywood highlight to the opening day of the special event by celebrating its world premiere. On Wednesday, August 27, evening, the dark comedy movie from Focus Features turned the festival's attention to the star-studded red carpet event held in the Sala Grande of the Palazzo del Cinema.
Among the film's celebrated cast ensemble making an appearance at the premiere were the four leading actors Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Frances McDormand and Tilda Swinton. Dressed to impress with the two leading men wearing black tie tuxedos, they were joined by the geniuses behind the film, Joel and Ethan Coen. Apart from the cast and crew, others coming to the special celebration included Alice Braga, Claudia Cardinale, Claudia Schiffer, Valeria Golino and director John Landis.
Prior to the red carpet event, the cast and crew came in for "Reading" photo call. Arriving via luxury boat, the group gave out a chuckling press conference. And when the questions took a personal route for Clooney, he responded, "I am so surprised to hear that question. That is honestly the first time I have been asked that. I am getting married and having a child today." Bits of the press conference can be seen through a video below.
The first movie made by the prominent filmmakers Coen brothers following their awards-winning "No Country for Old Men", "Burn After Reading" is a dark spy comedy resolving around the attempt of two clueless gym employees to blackmail a disgraced CIA agent after they find his memoir at their gym. Starring also John Malkovich, it is set to be released on September 12.
"Burn After Reading" Press Call Highlights:
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal