J.J. Abrams Confirmed No William Shatner in 'Star Trek'
Providing a certain answer to fans' still-burning question about the possibility of William Shatner making an appearance in the upcoming "Star Trek", director J.J. Abrams puts any speculations to rest. While discussing about his forthcoming television series "Fringe" in New York, the filmmaker insisted that the original Captain Kirk will not show up in the movie.
On the matter, Abrams rejected Shatner's chance on appearing in the film simply saying as quoted by IGN, " No, the only cast member from the original films is Nimoy." By stating Nimoy, he meant Leonard Nimoy, the original depicter of the USS Enterprise's science officer Mr. Spock. Previously, Shatner has also denied his involvement in the eleventh film saying, "I have no connection with the film whatsoever. It's the strangest thing. Even my dear friend Leonard [Nimoy] won't tell me what it's about."
Sharing further about the movie's status, Abrams revealed that he is expecting that the film's final cut is coming soon. "We're not done with it but we are working on it still. There have been cuts and, as everything goes, [it's] an evolution. I'm hoping the final cut is a few weeks away. But we're definitely circling," explained the producer of "Cloverfield".
Following the story of the young Captain Kirk and his USS Enterprise crew during their years at Starfleet Academy, "Star Trek" teams up Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Eric Bana, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban and many others. The movie scripted by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman is due to be released on May 8, 2009.
More Star Trek News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding