J.J. Abrams Confirmed No William Shatner in 'Star Trek'
Providing a certain answer to fans' still-burning question about the possibility of William Shatner making an appearance in the upcoming "Star Trek", director J.J. Abrams puts any speculations to rest. While discussing about his forthcoming television series "Fringe" in New York, the filmmaker insisted that the original Captain Kirk will not show up in the movie.
On the matter, Abrams rejected Shatner's chance on appearing in the film simply saying as quoted by IGN, " No, the only cast member from the original films is Nimoy." By stating Nimoy, he meant Leonard Nimoy, the original depicter of the USS Enterprise's science officer Mr. Spock. Previously, Shatner has also denied his involvement in the eleventh film saying, "I have no connection with the film whatsoever. It's the strangest thing. Even my dear friend Leonard [Nimoy] won't tell me what it's about."
Sharing further about the movie's status, Abrams revealed that he is expecting that the film's final cut is coming soon. "We're not done with it but we are working on it still. There have been cuts and, as everything goes, [it's] an evolution. I'm hoping the final cut is a few weeks away. But we're definitely circling," explained the producer of "Cloverfield".
Following the story of the young Captain Kirk and his USS Enterprise crew during their years at Starfleet Academy, "Star Trek" teams up Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Eric Bana, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban and many others. The movie scripted by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman is due to be released on May 8, 2009.
More Star Trek News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen